WASHINGTON (AP) — Deadline driven, President Joe Biden brought two pivotal senators — Joe Manchin and Chuck Schumer — to his Delaware home Sunday for talks aimed at resolving the disputes that have stymied the Democrats' wide-ranging social safety net and environmental measure.
HARRISBURG (AP) — Republicans have succeeded this year in passing a range of voting restrictions in states they control politically, from Georgia to Iowa to Texas. They're not stopping there.
- COLUMN BY DAVE LOBECK: Grilled Caesar salad? Give it a try
- How Casey, Kelly, Toomey voted last week
- Disruptions to schooling fall hardest on vulnerable students
- Westminster broadcasting students compete in 48-hour horror film project
- PET TALK: Preparing your cat for a visit to the vet
- County up 51 confirmed cases in three-day report
- Gas prices continue upswing
- Greenville residents to vote on fire department
- Police: 2 die, 6 injured in Idaho mall shooting
- DEAR ABBY: Woman takes advantage of neighbor's assistance
- DEAR ABBY: Single woman struggles to connect in new community
- DEAR ABBY: Intolerance emerges as obstacle to friendship
- DEAR ABBY: Marriage sours as details spill out for all to see
- DEAR ABBY: Caregiver gets a hand, but kids foot the bill
- DEAR ABBY: Family friend knows too much about couple's finances
The Rev. V. (Victor) Theodore Benson, 91, of Kane, Pennsylvania, entered into life eternal on Sunday, Oct. 24, 2021, at the Lutheran Home at Kane, where he had been a resident since August 2020. He was born on May 27, 1930, in Erie, the son of Victor A. and Hilda E. (Gustafson) Benson. He gr…
Gridiron — High school football
Neshannock’s hopes for a conference championship evaporated Friday night.
John Finnerty covers Harrisburg and other state issues for CNHI newspapers in New Castle, Sharon, Meadville, Johnstown and Sunbury. Follow him on Twitter @cnhipa. Email him at email@example.com.
- Sandusky case spurred major changes to beef up reporting of suspected abuse
- Pennsylvania Haitians press for better treatment of refugees caught at border
- Shapiro sues to halt Senate GOP bid for voters' personal info
- Critics say turnpike toll scofflaws show new bridge tolls won't work
- General Assembly sends governor bill that would boost penalty for encouraging suicide
- Ward rebuffs calls for action on bill to allow lawsuits by adult survivors of child sex abuse
- Much of info sought by Senate GOP already available
- Lawmakers return to Capitol with school mask controversy swirling
- Senate GOP moves to use subpoenas to get personal voter information for election review
- House GOP launches new attack on state school mask mandate