NEW CASTLE —
Five injured in school bus crash
Four students and a driver sustained minor injuries in a three-vehicle crash Tuesday morning. According to state police, a line of vehicles was westbound on snow-covered Route 108/Harlansburg Road at 7:50 a.m. when Shannon C. McAnney, 21, of Gibsonia, the second car in the line, lost control of her vehicle.Continued ...
- AT&T agrees to pay $3.5 million in whistle-blower case
- Ray Street man charged in burglary
- New Castle man jailed in drug case
- City man charged with making threats
- Five injured in school bus crash
Suspect’s death from ‘natural causes’
The suspect who died one year to the day after running over two boys — killing one — died of natural causes. A toxicology report on Virgil E. Coonfare, 67, of Lawrence Manor, was ordered by the coroner. It revealed nothing out of the ordinary.Continued ...
- Test-driven: Changes in GED exam take effect Jan. 2
- Photos, Video, Story: Shenango homecoming queen Brittany Chieze considers herself ‘a pretty lucky girl’
- Suspect’s death from ‘natural causes’
Bit of a stretch: Student to conduct workshop on rubber band bracelets
Olivia McKenna, 11, started getting interested in rubber band bracelets last summer. “My friends all had them and they looked like they were really fun to make,” the Mohawk sixth-grader and Bessemer resident remembers.Continued ...
- Photo Gallery: Annual Wampum Christmas parade
- City to petition court to void property sale
- Firefighters, policeman commended
- Speed limits set on city streets
- Bit of a stretch: Student to conduct workshop on rubber band bracelets
Gary Church: My X-rated attempt to keep my wife warm
It's that time of year when I have to hit the stores to do a little shopping. By correcting some past mistakes, I am getting better at it. In prior years, I have bought my wife a winter coat.Continued ...
- Lisa Madras: Anxious over another birthday? Nah, I’m still soaring on my solo flight
- Josh Drespling: How would our holiday traditions appear from afar?
- Gary Church: My X-rated attempt to keep my wife warm
Kali Davies-Anderson: Yo, today’s kids’ shows are ‘Gabba Gabba’ goofy!
When I found out that I was pregnant with my oldest daughter, everyone gave me advice on child rearing. I was informed (warned) about the responsibilities, the sleepless nights, the loss of personal freedom and the expenses that come along with raising kids.Continued ...
- Mitchel Olszak: Observing the stock market prompts lots of confusion
- Dave Ramsey: Where to keep the emergency fund?
- Lori Brothers: Holidays a tough time to deal with change — or a great opportunity to embrace it
- Sarah Stright-Hartley: Cool, daring or dressy, over-the-knee boots worth a try
- Kali Davies-Anderson: Yo, today’s kids’ shows are ‘Gabba Gabba’ goofy!
County sets deadline on accepting checks
The Lawrence County treasurer’s office will not be accepting any personal checks after this week. Starting Monday, the office will not take a personal check at the counter or one that is postmarked later than Dec. 15.Continued ...
- Corbett wants job search added to Medicaid
- Photo Gallery: Annual Ellwood City Christmas parade
- Governor could get child abuse bills by month’s end
- John K. Manna: Party labels shouldn’t matter in local contests
- County sets deadline on accepting checks
Bounce Tuesday: Complete coverage of high school basketball!
Enter our award-winning Bounce high school basketball site and check out our awesome team pages and view photos, roundups and game stories from all the exciting high school action.Continued ...
- Steve Treu: Steelers not done yet — yeah, and Cleveland may win a Super Bowl
- High School Basketball: 1,2,3 Shoot! Local trio can really fill it up
- Our Opinion: Laurel must resolve cross-country questions
- NFL fines Steelers coach Mike Tomlin $100,000
- Bounce Tuesday: Complete coverage of high school basketball!
Can Putin re-create Fox News in Russia?
Among the many things Fox News has to answer for is the proof it has provided that news relentlessly slanted to match an agenda works: It can bring audience, financial success and influence, the three things any media owner craves.Continued ...
Old-fashioned trimming for tree isn't as green as you might think
Strands of lights are ubiquitous this time of year - tangled in leafless trees, framing windows, sparkling their way to Santa's sled.Continued ...
VIDEO: DOT camera captures massive pileup
As a winter storm moved through Wisconsin over the weekend, a state Department of Transportation tower camera caught a chain reaction crash involving several vehicles in the southbound lanes of Highway 45 in Waukesha County, as reported on CNN.Continued ...
- Crocodiles and alligators may be smarter than they look
- VIDEO: Obama urges world to act on Mandela's legacy
- Can Putin re-create Fox News in Russia?