School employees rescue choking girl
Two Shenango school district employees are credited with saving a student from choking in the cafeteria. Brian Cooper, a seventh-grade teacher, and David Tyler, school security officer, ran to the aid of 12-year-old Kaelyn LaScola Thursday after being alerted by another student that she was choking, according to superintendent Michael Schreck.Continued ...
Update: Man critical after three shot on North Hill
A man shot in the neck on the North Hill early Friday remains in critical condition, New Castle police said. A husband and wife also were injured by the 3 a.m. gunfire that erupted in the house at 315 E. Hillcrest Ave., where police said the couple are living.Continued ...
Coming Saturday: New Castle reveals names in tuition probe
The New Castle school district has identified three employees who failed to pay required tuition for their children. The employees, all teachers, were the subject of a finding earlier this year by the Pennsylvania Auditor General’s office.Continued ...
- Three people shot on city's North Hill
- Man sentenced in 2010 shooting
- New Castle students disciplined over marijuana
- Volant man gets probation for sexual assault
- DNA leads to vandalism charges
- Woman accused of endangerment
- Drivers injured in Union crash
- Koppel bridge plans to be detailed
- Please send us your trick-or-treat times, dates!
- Teen rapes woman as brother watches, police say
- City man accused of child pornography
- Man arrested at New Castle football game
- Manager named for Austintown track, casino
- Child rapist sentenced to prison
- New city official says he’s committed to job
- Police refile charges in Union drug case
- Shenango high school evacuated
- Charges against meth lab suspect dropped
- Police arrest eight in drug roundup
- Three accused of food stamp fraud
- Man wanted for alleged robbery
- Minor injuries reported in crash