New Castle News
NEW CASTLE —
The Red Cross is assisting a family displaced by a fire on North Cedar Street.
Nobody was reported injured in the blaze. Five children and one adult were able to get out of the two-story house on their own, firefighters said.
Firefighters were called to 413 N. Cedar St. around 7:50 a.m. Wednesday. According to the firefighters, an 11-year-old admitted to throwing a cigarette into a crawl space on the second floor. The fire spread into a void and then to an area behind that.
There was fire damage to the second floor and smoke and water damage to the rest of the house, firefighters said.
The property is owned by LCL Redevelopment, according to the county assessment office.