New Castle News

Updates

September 6, 2013

Man sought after home burglary

NEW CASTLE — A New Castle man is wanted for allegedly breaking into a house on the city’s lower East Side.

Police said Brian Kent, 22, of 434 Grant St., had done work at a Court Street home that he allegedly broke into around 2 p.m. Aug. 25.

The residents said they returned home that day to find their home had been burglarized, and a shotgun, a purse, several glass jars filled with change, a credit card, $30 and a bank card had been stolen.

The residents also said money had been removed from their bank account.

Police learned that Kent’s Facebook page reportedly has a post in which he was trying to sell a shotgun. They also learned that five transactions had been made on the residents’ bank account totaling more than $700.

A video from a convenience store where the ATM card was used shows Kent standing at the counter using the card at the machine, then leaving in a white car.

Kent is charged with burglary, theft and receiving stolen property. A warrant has been issued for his arrest.

1
Text Only | Photo Reprints
Updates

House Ads
Poll

Are you concerned enough about the Heartbleed bug on the Internet to change all of your social media and website passwords?

Yes. It’s always a good idea to change passwords regularly anyway. I just have so many, I’m not sure where to start.
No. From what I’ve read, companies are still trying to figure out how to fix the flaw. The bad guys will just have access to my NEW passwords, too.
Not sure, but I blame Al Gore. He invented the Internet, right? How’s he going to get us out of this mess?
     View Results