New Castle News

March 7, 2014

Chimney fire damages home

By Staff
New Castle News

NEW CASTLE — A chimney fire caused damage to a North Beaver Township home this week.

The North Beaver Township Volunteer Fire Department was called to the home of Joe Procopio at 325 Reed Road, about 5:20 p.m. Wednesday. They remained for about an hour.

Chief Paul Henry said the house sustained smoke damage from the fire but no structural damage. He added that between 12 and 15 firefighters turned out for the call. No injuries were reported.