New Castle News

December 31, 2012

Incense prompts fire call in city

By Staff
New Castle News

NEW CASTLE — The New Castle Fire Department responded to two calls Saturday in the city.

The first was about 5 p.m. at an apartment building at 310 N. Mercer St. The department was called after incense was left unattended in a third-floor apartment.

Another resident was able to douse the small fire with an extinguisher, officials said, and firefighters applied some water as well. Damage from the fire was minimal, the department reported, but there was extensive smoke damage. The department used a fan to clear the smoke.

Savon D’Ambrosi was identified as the occupant of the apartment.

A second call to the department came in about 6:30 p.m. at 344 Halco Drive. A food in a stove caught fire, but flames were extinguished by closing the door. There was no damage.