New Castle News

April 21, 2014

Fryer ignites garage fire

By Staff
New Castle News

NEW CASTLE — Neshannock Township firefighters responded to a call at 905 Fairfield Ave. on Saturday when fire broke out in a garage.

According to information from people the scene, the owners had lit a deep fryer in the garage and gone into the house around 6:30 p.m.

Neighbor Tom DeSefano noticed smoke coming from the garage roof and called 911.

The fryer was in flames and caught the garage on fire.

Firefighters extinguished the blaze before it spread to the house. The owners, whose names were unavailable yesterday, said they had smelled smoke and looked in the garage and saw it on fire, then they evacuated the house.