New Castle News

Updates

November 14, 2012

Fire, smoke damage Lincoln Avenue home

NEW CASTLE — Fire damaged a kitchen in a multi-unit building on New Castle’s North Hill.

The fire broke out around 8:50 p.m. Monday at 219 E. Lincoln Ave., in an oven, according to the New Castle Fire Department.

Nobody was injured, but the house filled with smoke, according to a fire report.

The Red Cross was contacted to assist the resident who was displaced by the smoke.

Damage was estimated at $10,000.

The property is owned by William Zeiger, according to the county assessment office.

1
Text Only | Photo Reprints
Updates

House Ads
Poll

Summer is a perfect time for a good read. Where's your favorite place to spend off time with your nose in a book?

Relaxing on the couch
On a bench in the park
By the pool
At the closest beach
I don't have time to read
     View Results