NEW CASTLE —
A New Castle man is facing attempted homicide charges following the alleged beating of a former girlfriend.
City police Tuesday filed charges of attempted homicide, burglary, false imprisonment, stalking, aggravated and simple assault and harassment against Andre Hall, 36, of 116 Friendship St.
Police are looking for Hall.
According to court documents, police interviewed the victim at Jameson Hospital Sunday morning and again Monday. She told police Hall had entered her house about 1:30 a.m. Sunday and became enraged as he looked through her phone. She said he punched her in the head, chest and arms, choked her and stepped on her chest and back.
She told police when the beating stopped, she asked for her phone saying she needed to go to the hospital and wanted to get her three young children out of the house.
She told officers Hall would not let her go to the hospital but got her an ice pack. When she was able to get medical attention, police said, she was treated for “a bleed in her head and broken rib.”
Other injuries included bruises around both eyes, right temple, left ear, left hand, forearm and elbow, right upper arm and chest and scratches on her back, police said.
No condition was available Tuesday.
The victim told police she had had a relationship with Hall but they had been separated for almost a year. She told officers she has a protection from abuse order against him and had not invited him into her home.
Tuesday, police withdrew simple assault and harassment charges that had been filed against Hall Monday.
“When we first interviewed the victim, we did not know the extent of her injuries,” Police Chief Bobby Salem said. “She suffered brain injuries and serious internal injuries — injuries much more severe than we first thought.”
NEW CASTLE —
Teens charged in Lincoln Terrace shooting
Two teenagers have been charged following a shooting at the Lincoln Terrace housing project.
Ellwood City man faces more child rape charges
An Ellwood City man in a state penitentiary for sexually molesting a child is facing more child rape charges.
Man facing drug charges
Police said they found a North Hill man trespassing at Harbor Heights with illegal drugs.Continued ...
- Philadelphia man accused in theft
- Homeless man arrested in burglary
- Police investigate shooting on Lincoln Avenue
- State Street fire under investigation
- Two teens charged, wanted in East Side robbery
- Man robs Neshannock store at gunpoint
- Cause of crash still not known
- Prostitution charges withdrawn
- Ellwood City man charged in third store robbery
- Man charged with assaulting, intimidating witness
- Woman found dead in ravine after Mahoning Township crash
- Locust Street in city closed for bridge project
- Man allegedly begs for drugs
- Ramp closure begins at I-376 intersection
- Road work to close ramps at I-376 and Route 208
- One dead, two hurt in Ellwood City shooting
- Starved Greenville boy out of hospital
- Man accused of rape, knife threats
- Trio arrested in Pulaski Township burglary
- Man charged in assault of teen
- Second robbery suspect sought
- Shenango Township building loses phone service
- Teens charged in Lincoln Terrace shooting