NEW CASTLE —
A New Castle man is facing attempted homicide charges following the alleged beating of a former girlfriend.
City police Tuesday filed charges of attempted homicide, burglary, false imprisonment, stalking, aggravated and simple assault and harassment against Andre Hall, 36, of 116 Friendship St.
Police are looking for Hall.
According to court documents, police interviewed the victim at Jameson Hospital Sunday morning and again Monday. She told police Hall had entered her house about 1:30 a.m. Sunday and became enraged as he looked through her phone. She said he punched her in the head, chest and arms, choked her and stepped on her chest and back.
She told police when the beating stopped, she asked for her phone saying she needed to go to the hospital and wanted to get her three young children out of the house.
She told officers Hall would not let her go to the hospital but got her an ice pack. When she was able to get medical attention, police said, she was treated for “a bleed in her head and broken rib.”
Other injuries included bruises around both eyes, right temple, left ear, left hand, forearm and elbow, right upper arm and chest and scratches on her back, police said.
No condition was available Tuesday.
The victim told police she had had a relationship with Hall but they had been separated for almost a year. She told officers she has a protection from abuse order against him and had not invited him into her home.
Tuesday, police withdrew simple assault and harassment charges that had been filed against Hall Monday.
“When we first interviewed the victim, we did not know the extent of her injuries,” Police Chief Bobby Salem said. “She suffered brain injuries and serious internal injuries — injuries much more severe than we first thought.”
NEW CASTLE —
Hillsville man dead following shooting
A Mahoning Township man involved in a weekend shooting has died. Joseph Lupo, 50, of 4812 W. Main St. in Hillsville was pronounced dead Thursday by the Mahoning County, Ohio, coroner’s office.Continued ...
Woman charged in fatal accident
A woman involved in a fatal accident in Hickory Township has been charged. Laura E. Gargiulo, 42, of 2662 State Route 956, Volant, faces charges of homicide by vehicle and others in the crash that led to the death of Daniel E. Gallatin of Scott Township.Continued ...
Broken jaw leads to assault charge
A Pittsburgh man has been charged with aggravated assault for allegedly breaking another man’s jaw in New Wilmington. Matthew Vincent Wagner, 22, was charged by New Wilmington police as the result of an incident early May 5 at the Alpha Sigma Phi fraternity house on Waugh Avenue.Continued ...
- South Side robbery being probed
- Man reports being robbed on East Side
- Men riding four-wheelers help catch burglar suspects
- Police arrest South Side burglar suspects
- Service will honor fallen officers
- Three city residents admit to drug ring role
- Man reported dead still alive
- Suspect leads police on East Side chase
- Fire destroys mobile home
- Prosecutors granted stay in Jordan Brown decision
- Suspect in officer’s death is arraigned
- Police: Man dies after husband, wife shoot each other
- Man accused of impeding firefighters
- East Sider facing theft charges
- South Side man faces gun charges
- Witness reports possible student abduction
- Pedestrian’s death ruled suicide
- Neshannock Schools: Father concerned after alleged assault
- Pedestrian hit on I-376
- Woman accused in officer’s death waives extradition
- Man wanted in gun incident
- Biker killed in crash
- Hillsville man dead following shooting