NEW CASTLE —
A New Castle man is facing attempted homicide charges following the alleged beating of a former girlfriend.
City police Tuesday filed charges of attempted homicide, burglary, false imprisonment, stalking, aggravated and simple assault and harassment against Andre Hall, 36, of 116 Friendship St.
Police are looking for Hall.
According to court documents, police interviewed the victim at Jameson Hospital Sunday morning and again Monday. She told police Hall had entered her house about 1:30 a.m. Sunday and became enraged as he looked through her phone. She said he punched her in the head, chest and arms, choked her and stepped on her chest and back.
She told police when the beating stopped, she asked for her phone saying she needed to go to the hospital and wanted to get her three young children out of the house.
She told officers Hall would not let her go to the hospital but got her an ice pack. When she was able to get medical attention, police said, she was treated for “a bleed in her head and broken rib.”
Other injuries included bruises around both eyes, right temple, left ear, left hand, forearm and elbow, right upper arm and chest and scratches on her back, police said.
No condition was available Tuesday.
The victim told police she had had a relationship with Hall but they had been separated for almost a year. She told officers she has a protection from abuse order against him and had not invited him into her home.
Tuesday, police withdrew simple assault and harassment charges that had been filed against Hall Monday.
“When we first interviewed the victim, we did not know the extent of her injuries,” Police Chief Bobby Salem said. “She suffered brain injuries and serious internal injuries — injuries much more severe than we first thought.”
NEW CASTLE —
Jeep flips onto roof in Falls Street accident
A Pulaski woman was injured when her car collided with a van and flipped onto its roof, trapping her inside. The accident occurred around 11:15 a.m. Thursday on Falls Street at the intersection of Lowry Street.Continued ...
Felon arrested for drugs on Halco Drive
Narcotics investigators found cocaine and marijuana while serving a sealed search warrant on Halco Drive Thursday. They also confiscated oxycodone pills and a loaded .38-caliber pistol.Continued ...
Chimney fire damages home
A chimney fire caused damage to a North Beaver Township home this week. The North Beaver Township Volunteer Fire Department was called to the home of Joe Procopio at 325 Reed Road.Continued ...
- Man jailed for assault facing drug charges
- Man charged after hitting Capitol Grille
- McGrath Manor raid leads to man’s arrest
- Man charged with break-in
- Sex offender jailed on escape charge
- ‘Person of interest’ interviewed in fatality
- Woman charged with child endangerment
- Man found on roof during drug raid
- Police have 'person of interest' fatal hit and run
- Police pull man through window during arrest
- Investigators say truck fire ignited house
- Hit-and-run victim identified
- Man hospitalized after fire
- 'Canes capture third straight WPIAL title!
- East Side man dies in fire
- Fire destroys Ellport residence
- Man accused of indecent assault of child
- DEVELOPING STORY: East Side man dies in fire
- Couple accused in identity theft
- Zambelli conducts test fire
- Man wanted for assaulting, terrorizing woman at wedding reception
- Agreement allows nonresident students at Laurel
- Jeep flips onto roof in Falls Street accident