NEW CASTLE —
That’s what you can call the Neshannock High girls softball team following today’s 10-4 win over Carmichaels. The game was played at California University’s Lilly Field.
The Lady Lancers pounded 16 hits in the contest, more than double what the Mikes had allowed throughout the WPIAL playoffs.
After a scoreless first inning, Neshannock plated six runs in the second to break the game open. The Lady Lancers added two more in the third, another in the fifth, and one more in the seventh for their final count.
Madison Shaffer earned the victory on the mound for the Neshannock (18-2).
Shaffer struck out 11 and gave up just five hits. At the plate, she was 2-4 with a triple and a double.
The Lady Lancers will begin PIAA action on Monday against the loser of Elk County Catholic and Keystone.
Sports writers Andrew Petyak and Ron Poniewasz. Jr. will share stories, while photographer Erica Galvin will have photos from the big game in Friday’s print edition and on www.ncnewsonline.com.
NEW CASTLE —
Sex offender sentenced to prison term
A Scott Township man who sexually assaulted a teenager has been sentenced to seven to 14 years in prison.
Woman charged in photo fraud
A New Galilee woman is accused of a wedding photo fraud.
Arrest made in Crestview shooting
New Castle police have made an arrest in a fatal shooting at Crestview Gardens.
- Man cited for dog law violations
- Ellwood man charged after driving over fire hose
- Homeless man cited
- Man charged with throwing chair through windshield
- Man charged in Crestview Gardens deadly shooting
- Two injured in car-bus accident
- Woman faces charges in Ellwood City shootout
- Man arrested after chase
- Trailer burns in New Beaver
- Woman released after rollover accident
- Local store robbed again
- Teens charged in Lincoln Terrace shooting
- Ellwood City man faces more child rape charges
- Man facing drug charges
- Philadelphia man accused in theft
- Homeless man arrested in burglary
- Police investigate shooting on Lincoln Avenue
- State Street fire under investigation
- Two teens charged, wanted in East Side robbery
- Man robs Neshannock store at gunpoint
- Cause of crash still not known
- Prostitution charges withdrawn
- Sex offender sentenced to prison term