New Castle News

Updates

November 5, 2013

Alleged shooter surrenders to police

NEW CASTLE — A man accused of shooting a woman on Halco Drive last week ago has turned himself in to police.

Markeace Perkins, 18, of 357 Halco Drive, was taken into custody Friday at the city police station.

He was arraigned before District Judge Melissa Amodie and jailed in lieu of $100,000 bond.

Perkins is charged with criminal attempt at homicide, two counts of aggravated assault, illegal possession of a firearm, carrying a firearm without a license, recklessly endangering another person and simple assault.

He allegedly was on a porch and told by the resident to leave left, then returned with several other people. Following a fight, Perkins allegedly fired at the resident three time. Police said the woman was hit by a bullet in the left calf.

1
Text Only | Photo Reprints
Updates

House Ads
Poll

When will you start mowing your grass?

Been there, done that
Probably this week
Not until May
You mean, when will I HIRE someone to mow my grass?
     View Results