New Castle News

September 19, 2012

Electrical fire reported at bar

By Staff
New Castle News

NEW CASTLE — An apparent electrical short prompted a fire call at a Croton area bar Tuesday night.

New Castle firefighters were summoned just before midnight to the Ocean’s 11 bar at 1139 Eastbrook St.

When firefighters arrived, they discovered a fire in the ceiling of a restroom, where wiring in an electrical box was shorting out.

The fire was contained to the box area, and firefighters used a fan to clear smoke from the business, which was open at the time.