New Castle News

Updates

September 19, 2012

Electrical fire reported at bar

NEW CASTLE — An apparent electrical short prompted a fire call at a Croton area bar Tuesday night.

New Castle firefighters were summoned just before midnight to the Ocean’s 11 bar at 1139 Eastbrook St.

When firefighters arrived, they discovered a fire in the ceiling of a restroom, where wiring in an electrical box was shorting out.

The fire was contained to the box area, and firefighters used a fan to clear smoke from the business, which was open at the time.

1
Text Only | Photo Reprints
Updates

House Ads
Poll

The Steelers opened training camp this weekend. How do you see them faring this season?

Super Bowl
Division champs
Wild card team
Missing playoffs for a third straight year
     View Results