New Castle News

Updates

January 17, 2013

Man charged for threatening youths with gun

NEW CASTLE — A Union Township man is accused of pointing a gun at a group of juveniles and threatening them.

After a three-month investigation, Union Township police Monday charged Ronald Edward Jones, 66, of 1600 Grove Ave. in connection with the incident that allegedly occurred around 11 p.m. Oct. 7 in the 1500 block of his street.

A neighbor told police Jones had walked out of his house and pointed a gun at a group of eight juveniles.

The youths told officers they had been playing in the street when Jones pointed at gun at them and said he would blow their heads off. They said they ran toward the neighbor’s house and he told them to pick up a soda bottle that was near his property. They said they picked up the bottle and Jones walked over to the neighbor’s house where they were, with the gun still in his hand.

The neighbor told police she had heard commotion outside and heard Jones yelling at the youngsters.

Police seized a handgun, a shotgun and a rifle from Jones’ house.

He is charged with eight counts of making terroristic threats and eight counts of harassment. He is to be sent a summons to appear in court.

1
Text Only | Photo Reprints
Updates

House Ads
Poll

On Wednesday, the House of Representatives voted to authorize Speaker John Boehner to sue President Obama for allegedly overstepping his legal authority with the way he's handled Obamacare. Good call?

Yes. Obama's been overstepping his authority since day one in office. It's time he pay the piper.
No. The allegations are ridiculous and the law suit is a waste of time and tax payer money.
I don't know. I'm not a huge fan of Obama, but the suit seems a little extreme.
     View Results