NEW CASTLE —
Call it what you want, but you can call the 'Canes WPIAL champions — again.
With a 55-49 victory over Hampton on Saturday night, the New Castle High basketball team captured its third straight WPIAL title. It's the school's 10th overall since 1982.
It was Ne-Ca-Hi's eighth straight victory over their section rivals, including the past three in district title games.
Top-seeded New Castle knocked off the second-seeded Talbots 68-53 last year for the title and 57-44 in 2012 for the crown.
Look for complete coverage on Monday in print and on The Bounce, including a special photo gallery from Tiffany Wolfe and behind-the-scenes video from Chris DeVivo.
NEW CASTLE —
Man arrested after chase
A Braddock man is in the Lawrence County jail after leading police on a high-speed chase Saturday.Continued ...
Trailer burns in New Beaver
A mobile home on M and M Lane in New Beaver Borough burned early Saturday.Continued ...
Woman released after rollover accident
A Lowellville, Ohio, woman was treated at Jameson Hospital and released following a rollover accident Sunday morning.Continued ...
- Local store robbed again
- Teens charged in Lincoln Terrace shooting
- Ellwood City man faces more child rape charges
- Man facing drug charges
- Philadelphia man accused in theft
- Homeless man arrested in burglary
- Police investigate shooting on Lincoln Avenue
- State Street fire under investigation
- Two teens charged, wanted in East Side robbery
- Man robs Neshannock store at gunpoint
- Cause of crash still not known
- Prostitution charges withdrawn
- Ellwood City man charged in third store robbery
- Man charged with assaulting, intimidating witness
- Woman found dead in ravine after Mahoning Township crash
- Locust Street in city closed for bridge project
- Man allegedly begs for drugs
- Ramp closure begins at I-376 intersection
- Road work to close ramps at I-376 and Route 208
- One dead, two hurt in Ellwood City shooting
- Starved Greenville boy out of hospital
- Man accused of rape, knife threats
- Man arrested after chase