NEW CASTLE —
Call it what you want, but you can call the 'Canes WPIAL champions — again.
With a 55-49 victory over Hampton on Saturday night, the New Castle High basketball team captured its third straight WPIAL title. It's the school's 10th overall since 1982.
It was Ne-Ca-Hi's eighth straight victory over their section rivals, including the past three in district title games.
Top-seeded New Castle knocked off the second-seeded Talbots 68-53 last year for the title and 57-44 in 2012 for the crown.
Look for complete coverage on Monday in print and on The Bounce, including a special photo gallery from Tiffany Wolfe and behind-the-scenes video from Chris DeVivo.
NEW CASTLE —
Man allegedly begs for drugs
A North Hill man wanted in York County was arrested for allegedly begging for drugs and alcohol.
Ramp closure begins at I-376 intersection
Long-term closures of ramps at Route 208 and I-376 began Monday.
Road work to close ramps at I-376 and Route 208
Long-term closures of ramps at Route 208 and I-376 begin Tuesday.Continued ...
- One dead, two hurt in Ellwood City shooting
- Starved Greenville boy out of hospital
- Man accused of rape, knife threats
- Trio arrested in Pulaski Township burglary
- Man charged in assault of teen
- Second robbery suspect sought
- Shenango Township building loses phone service
- Man arrested in sting after garage break-in
- Police raid Ray Street home
- Doctor’s former employee accused of theft
- Press breakdown delayed delivery of newspaper
- Police: Man asked officers to ‘shoot me, I want to die’
- Dog rescued from Crestview Gardens fire
- North Hill residents report statue thefts, vandalism
- Spray paint vandalism reported on East Side
- Delay in delivery of today’s paper
- Fire destroys South Side house
- Argument over sticker results in jail
- Police: Man tries to eat marijuana
- Teen suffers serious injuries from fight
- Charges filed in Tic Toc robbery
- Prostitute ejected from vehicle before crash, man tells police
- Man allegedly begs for drugs