New Castle News

Updates

March 21, 2014

Teen accused in Lower East Side burglary

NEW CASTLE — An East Side teen has been arrested for allegedly breaking into a home in the 400 block of Spruce Street.

New Castle police have charged 18-year-old Antonio Annarumo of 646 S. Cascade St. in connection with the alleged burglary, which was reported to have occurred between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Tuesday.

The resident said she went home and found her    television missing from the living room. She told police her kitchen table had been  moved and the window next to it was damaged.

A witness told police she had seen Annarumo walking near the woman’s house.

Police said other witnesses later found the television in a wooded area nearby. Officers said there were shoe prints in the mud directly in front of where the television was found.

One witness said she saw two people dragging the television through her yard. She said she heard two men talking about getting it up the hill and she described clothing that Annarumo reportedly had been wearing.

He was arrested and identified by the witness.  Police said Annarumo then gave them a written statement admitting he broke into the woman’s house and that he left with her television.

He is charged with burglary, criminal trespass, theft and receiving stolen property. He was arraigned by District Judge David B. Rishel, who set his jail bond at $2,500.

1
Text Only | Photo Reprints
Updates

House Ads
Poll

On Wednesday, the House of Representatives voted to authorize Speaker John Boehner to sue President Obama for allegedly overstepping his legal authority with the way he's handled Obamacare. Good call?

Yes. Obama's been overstepping his authority since day one in office. It's time he pay the piper.
No. The allegations are ridiculous and the law suit is a waste of time and tax payer money.
I don't know. I'm not a huge fan of Obama, but the suit seems a little extreme.
     View Results