New Castle News
NEW CASTLE —
Fire swept through Margaret Link’s mobile home in Mahoning Township on Wednesday.
Mahoning Township Fire chief Francis “Poncho” Exposito said Link’s brother was remodeling the mobile home on Carol Lane in Twilight Trailer Court off Route 551, when he knocked a can of paint thinner onto an electric heater.
Exposito said the brother doing the work escaped injury by jumping out a window.
Volunteer firefighters from Mahoning Township and Neshannock Township were called at 7:27 p.m. and were at the scene for about an hour. They prevented the fire from spreading to other nearby structures.
An occupied mobile home next door was evacuated. No injuries were reported.
Exposito said he did not have a damage estimate, but said the structure that burned was an older trailer and also sustained heavy smoke damage.
Police from Union and Mahoning townships assisted at the scene.