New Castle News

April 12, 2013

Firefighters respond to blaze in oven

By Staff
New Castle News

NEW CASTLE — A South Side family’s dinner was delayed Thursday night by a fire in their oven.

The New Castle Fire Department was called to the home of Billie Jean Davis at 304 E. Home St. at 5:12 p.m. The department remained on the scene until 5:30 p.m.

Firemen said wires sparked in the top oven of the family’s electric oven. Damages were estimated at $4,000, mostly to the range.

The house sustained limited smoke damage, officials said.