New Castle News

Updates

April 12, 2013

Firefighters respond to blaze in oven

NEW CASTLE — A South Side family’s dinner was delayed Thursday night by a fire in their oven.

The New Castle Fire Department was called to the home of Billie Jean Davis at 304 E. Home St. at 5:12 p.m. The department remained on the scene until 5:30 p.m.

Firemen said wires sparked in the top oven of the family’s electric oven. Damages were estimated at $4,000, mostly to the range.

The house sustained limited smoke damage, officials said.

1
Text Only | Photo Reprints
Updates

House Ads
Poll

"State Fair" opens at the New Castle Playhouse tonight. Will you be checking out the show?

Definitely! I've already got my tickets.
Maybe. I'm not sure.
Nah, it's not for me.
     View Results