New Castle News

Updates

February 26, 2014

Man wanted for multiple burglaries at one house

NEW CASTLE — An East Side man is wanted in connection with multiple burglaries at a house in his neighborhood.

New Castle police charged William J. Trott Jr., 47, of 509 S. Ray St., in the break-ins, which they said occurred at a house on Ray Street between April and November while the residents were out of town.

Officers said numerous collectibles, jewelry and two coffee cans filled with collectible coins were missing.

Police learned from a local jewelry store that the jewelry had been pawned there by a woman who lives at Trott’s address. That woman told police Trott had entered the neighbor’s house through a window in May. She said he went into the home about five times and took items whenever they ran out of money. She said she used her identification card to sell the jewelry.

Trott was charged Monday with burglary, criminal trespass, theft, receiving stolen property and criminal mischief in connection with the alleged burglary.

He also is facing charges filed against him Jan. 23 for his alleged involvement with the same woman and another man in stealing merchandise from Walmart on various days in December.

Police said Trott and his girlfriend, Meredyth Russo, would enter the store, load a shopping cart full of merchandise, then leave without paying for it. Then one of them would return the merchandise and receive either cash or a gift card, police allege.

Trott and Russo, 29, of 509 S. Ray St., both are charged with four counts each of retail theft, four counts of conspiracy to commit retail theft, three counts each of theft and conspiracy to commit theft, and eight counts of receiving stolen property. They were sent summonses to appear in central court March 13 to answer to those charges.

District Judge Melissa A. Amodie has issued a warrant for Trott’s arrest in connection with the burglary-related charges filed Monday.

1
Text Only | Photo Reprints
Updates

House Ads
Poll

Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 fell from the sky in Donetsk, Ukraine, on Thursday, killing all 298 people aboard. Many are speculating that Russian rebels (supported by Vladimir Putin) are responsible for downing the aircraft. What do you think?

Yes. All evidence points that way.
No. Everyone is so quick to point fingers, but there's not enough evidence to support claims of Russian guilt.
I'm not sure. I'll just wait until the investigation is over to make up my mind.
What is up with these Malaysian Airlines planes? I know one airline I won't be flying any time soon...
     View Results