New Castle News
NEW CASTLE —
Ellwood City police have arrested a juvenile who allegedly made an online threat to the Ellwood City Area School District.
The 17-year-old Lincoln High School student had been on juvenile probation. He was lodged in the Krause Youth Shelter after his arrest, according to Ellwood City Police Lt. David Kingston.
Kingston said a woman called the police shortly after noon on Sunday, saying her son had not returned home. Officers went to McDonald’s Restaurant looking for him, and some youths asked them whether they were looking for the individual who posted a message on Facebook.
The kids showed police the message, which said, “Tell me I won’t go into the school and kill as many people as possible.”
Kingston said they were unaware of the threat until they saw the posting.
Kingston said police then went to the suspect’s house and the juvenile ran, but police caught him under a porch.
School officials contacted police about the threat, but police told them that the youngster was already in custody, Kingston said.
According to Superintendent Frank Aloi, the mother called the high school principal who immediately contacted police.
School operations were normal yesterday, Aloi said, but as a precaution, police were stationed at every building in the district during the morning.
“No problems,” he said.