New Castle News

January 10, 2013

Crew responds to mattress fire

By Staff
New Castle News

NEW CASTLE — New Castle firefighters responded to a mattress fire Wednesday morning at 1011 Beckford St.

The department reported that when firefighters arrived at the scene, the blaze had been extinguished by the occupants with a dry chemical extinguisher. Firefighters took the mattress outside and doused it with water.

Firefighters said the 1:55 a.m. blaze was caused by someone smoking in bed. The house had smoke damage, but no injuries were reported.

The home’s owners are Robert M. and Lisa G. Partin, according to the county assessment office.