New Castle News


May 3, 2012

Overheated engine creates smoke, but no fire

NEW CASTLE — The engine in a pump house behind the Sears plaza overheated Wednesday.

Firefighters were called to the Union Township site about 11 a.m. They were on the scene for about an hour.

Firefighters said the engine produced a lot of smoke, but no flames.

They had no property damage estimates.

Text Only | Photo Reprints

House Ads

Would you want to know what your pet is thinking about you?

Yes! I'd love to know what my pet is thinking.
Nah, it's probably not that interesting.
I don't know. I'm afraid of what I might find out.
     View Results