New Castle News

Updates

October 23, 2012

Mahoning firemen arrive at stove fire

NEW CASTLE — A meal apparently got away from a Mahoning Township resident.

The Mahoning Township Volunteer Fire Department was called to a house at 200 Gary Lane about 7:45 p.m. Saturday.

Fire Chief Francis “Poncho” Exposito said firefighters arrived to find a stove fire. He said there was no fire damage but the building filled with smoke. Firefighters were at the scene for about a half-hour.

The property is owned by Norman Curtri of Florida, according to county property records. The name of the occupant was not available.

1
Text Only | Photo Reprints
Updates

House Ads
Poll

Are you concerned enough about the Heartbleed bug on the Internet to change all of your social media and website passwords?

Yes. It’s always a good idea to change passwords regularly anyway. I just have so many, I’m not sure where to start.
No. From what I’ve read, companies are still trying to figure out how to fix the flaw. The bad guys will just have access to my NEW passwords, too.
Not sure, but I blame Al Gore. He invented the Internet, right? How’s he going to get us out of this mess?
     View Results