New Castle News

Updates

April 1, 2013

House catches fire a second time

NEW CASTLE — A house at 719 Cleveland Ave. caught fire Friday night for the second time in 1 1/2 weeks

A blaze that broke out there around 11:30 p.m. Friday occurred when no utilities were turned on inside, according to a New Castle Fire Department report.

The owners, Don and Theada Dambrosia, were staying at a motel since fire damaged their home March 20.

Firefighters arrived at the house Friday night to find flames coming out of the first-floor kitchen window. They had to kick in the front door and a side door of the house to gain entry. Both doors were locked and secured. The back door was found open and unlocked, firefighters said.

The fire was confined to the window area of the kitchen.

The owners’ son reported to fire officials that the back door had been locked and secured when he was there earlier in the evening.

An extension cord was run from the son’s home next door to provide a light in the kitchen. The light was located in the same area as the fire, the report said.

Firefighters were at the scene until 4:30 a.m.

1
Text Only | Photo Reprints
Updates

House Ads
Poll

Are you concerned enough about the Heartbleed bug on the Internet to change all of your social media and website passwords?

Yes. It’s always a good idea to change passwords regularly anyway. I just have so many, I’m not sure where to start.
No. From what I’ve read, companies are still trying to figure out how to fix the flaw. The bad guys will just have access to my NEW passwords, too.
Not sure, but I blame Al Gore. He invented the Internet, right? How’s he going to get us out of this mess?
     View Results