New Castle News
NEW CASTLE —
Jordan Brown, whose young life has been lived in the public for almost four years, remains a top local story.
In April, the 15-year-old was found responsible for the deaths of his father’s pregnant fiancée, Kenzie Houk, and her unborn child. A month later, he was ordered to a juvenile facility for treatment.
Jordan was 11 years old at the time of the Feb. 20, 2009 shooting. He has been in custody since then.
After spending almost three years in a holding facility in Erie, and about six months in a juvenile treatment facility in central Pennsylvania, Jordan now seems to have been anchored closer to his home
In late November, Lawrence County Judge John W. Hodge approved transferring Jordan to George Junior Republic in Grove City, according to Jack Houk, Kenzie’s father.
Following the six-month evaluation hearing in early November, where a request was made to transfer Jordan, Houk family members said they are concerned he is not getting proper treatment.
Following the order in late November to relocate Jordan, the Houk family said they are hopeful that will change.
Jordan’s conviction has been appealed to Pennsylvania Superior Court by his attorneys seeking to overturn the delinquent ruling, equivalent to a guilty verdict. An argument on the case is scheduled for Jan. 9.
Attempts to reach Jordan’s defense attorney Dennis Elisco were unsuccessful.
Jordan will remain under court supervision until he is 21. Under juvenile law, the status of his case is reviewed every six months.