New Castle News

TOP STORIES

December 2, 2013

Pair assists woman in escape from smoky bedroom

NEW CASTLE — A woman was rescued Friday evening after reporting smoke in her mobile home.

Cindy Zarlingo of 275 Dominick Lane, Mahoning Township, called 911 at 8:54 p.m. stating there was smoke in her bedroom and she was unable to get out.

Randy Conti, who is a neighbor and a volunteer firefighter, and a Pulaski police officer arrived first on the scene and got Zarlingo out of the trailer. Mahoning firefighters and several police departments then arrived. Mahoning Township Fire Chief Francis “Poncho” Exposito said an electrical short caused by a wall plug was causing smoke in the bedroom.

Firefighters removed the plug, and Zarlingo was able to return to the mobile home.

1
Text Only | Photo Reprints
TOP STORIES
House Ads
Poll

What is your favorite Easter treat?

Jelly beans
Chocolate ... bunnies, crosses, anything that’s chocolate!
Marshmallow peeps
Decorated eggs
Other
     View Results