New Castle News
NEW CASTLE —
I'm back and I'm now the mother of a one-month-old!
I cannot believe how fast this time has gone with our little guy. Aside from being a new mother, I'm also facing the change in my body shape and learning how to dress it while I lose the baby weight. I never knew that maternity clothes would most likely still be in my life after the baby was born.
Just after he was born, I was forced to continue wearing my maternity pants, much to my dismay. Now that he's a month old, I've ditched my maternity clothes and I am back into "normal" clothing, but definitely not my normal size, and they definitely don't fit the same. I have found many things, though, that have me feeling like I'm back on the road to dressing like myself.
To the right, I've gathered a few of these things that have come to be my staples while I lose the baby weight.
1) Tunics — I've always loved these sweaters for their sheer comfort and versatility. But now I've stocked up on several styles that will keep me warm during this never-ending winter and also have the ability to look both comfortable and chic depending on how you wear them.
2) Leggings — My choice? Faux leather leggings. I love that they add an edge to whatever I'm wearing (like the tunics previously mentioned), but are still just plain comfortable since they are leggings, after all. (Remember, if you're wearing leggings, all your "parts" should be covered — they are NOT pants.)
3) Tunic Tanks — Sensing a theme with longer shirts? These tanks are great for layering and easy to use while nursing. Enough said.
4) Scarves — A great and inexpensive way to change up your look. I'm finding that I'm wearing the same looks over and over since I'm still getting back into shape, but a simple scarf makes an outfit look completely different.
5) Flats — OK, fine, I'll admit my beloved heels aren't the BEST idea when carrying around a newborn. So I've found lots of new flats or semi-flats to wear that still have a fun flair to them. I'm still on the hunt for leopard loafers but have recently fallen in love with leopard booties (with a mini-heel) that will do just fine in the meantime.
6) Button Downs — I like the versatility of button downs during this time because you can leave them unbuttoned while you're still losing the belly, you can layer them under sweaters for warmth, and they're also easy for nursing.
7) Boyfriend Cardigans — I feel the same about cardigans (especially oversized boyfriend styles) as I do about button downs. Lots of different options and they change the way a simple outfit looks.
8) Boyfriend jeans — A staple in any part of my life, these oversized jeans are great post-pregnancy. They're roomy to make sure you stay comfortable, and you may even be able to get away with wearing your normal size.
Did I leave anything out? What were your post-pregnancy wardrobe staples?