NEW CASTLE —
I was asked by a good friend for a fall “must-have” list. She recently had an adorable baby girl and is transitioning her wardrobe post-pregnancy.
Since she wasn't sure where to start, I put together this list of 10 great pieces to stock up on for fall. And if you look to the right, I've found a few examples of each of these pieces.
Here is a list of “Fall 2012 Must-Haves”:
- Anything burgundy. This is THE color of the season and the rich hue just feels like fall. Whether it be a sweater, bag, or pair of skinny jeans, inject this color into your wardrobe.
- Graphic sweaters. These adorable sweaters put some pep into your outfit. Pair your sweater with more "grown-up" pieces like skinny jeans and motorcycle boots to give the quirkiness some edge.
- Riding boots. Fall is all about boots, and the obsession seems to fall to riding boots. Not only are they comfortable (hello flat bottom!), but they look great when paired with everything from skinny jeans to sweater dresses.
- A great blazer. Before the air gets too chilly, a great blazer thrown over casual denim and topped with a cozy scarf is so chic. Plus, it makes you look instantly polished!
- Tunic sweaters. One look women always seem to be drawn to in the fall is leggings and tall boots. In order to complete this super cozy look, you need a tunic sweater — NOT a normal waist length sweater. A tunic sweater is longer and will cover up all your private bits. Say it with me — leggings are NOT pants!
- Peplum top. This adorable trend from summer is transitioning into fall in richer hues and jewel tones. This is another great way to make a look more polished and also introduce some interest into your look.
- Military inspired wear. Military trends seem to roll around every season and Fall 2012 is no different. A military inspired vest or coat is a way to make your look infinitely more cool.
- Winter white. Gasp! White after Labor Day? Yes, especially in winter white. Head to toe white, while not always practical, is so chic. Don't think you can get away with the monotone look? Introduce it in a bag or scarf. It'll lighten up your look.
- Skinny corduroy. Corduroy is always great for fall because it keeps us warmer. But this fall, try it in a skinny style of pant. It will update your old cords and keep you looking fresh.
- Cozy sweater and cozy scarf. These two go together like peanut butter and jelly. A large, oversized sweater paired with a cozy scarf is one of those timeless combinations that we constantly revert back to. Find a sweater with an interesting shape (like a hi-low hem) or a scarf with a cool pattern to make your outfit more interesting.
What are your fall must-haves?
(Do you have any questions for me? I'd love to hear from you. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org And be sure to check out my personal style blog- www.comingunstitched.com.)