NEW CASTLE —
Lady Lancers win
Annie Litrenta posted a goal and an assist to lead Neshannock to a 2-0 season-opening nonsection road win over Riverside.
Caitlin Trotta scored the game’s first goal early in the first half on an assist by Litrenta.
Litrenta’s goal was assisted by Jenna Herman.
Madison McHale made five saves in goal to record the win.
The Lady Greyhounds suffered their first defeat in a 5-0 District 10, Region 1-AA decision to Hickory at Westminster College.
Wilmington is 4-1, 4-1.
Following are the results:
Hickory 5, Wilmington 0
1. Marissa Works (H) def. Alanna Elliott 4-6, 6-4, 6-4.
2. Rachel Mettee (H) def. Alexis Donati 6-3, 6-0.
3. Anna Derloni (H) def. Nikki McCown 6-3, 6-4.
1. Nikki Marrone/Lauren McGonigle (H) def. Lydea Kraynak/Holly Vernon 6-0, 6-1.
2. Bailey McLaughlin/Annalise Bianco (H) def. Taylor Cox/Allyson Krupa 7-5, 6-0.
1. Lydea Zoeller/Chelsea Rogel (W) lost 6-2.
2. Marissa Litzenberg/Emily Mayes (W) lost 6-1.
3. Mackenzie Drotleff/Kaitlyn Meyer (W) lost 6-4.
Robb paces Wilmington
Wilmington’s Kate Robb captured the title in the girls race against Greenville in an 18-39 victory.
Robb rolled to a time of 21:17. Teammate Allison Baldwin was second in 21:54 and Rikki Brumbaugh placed fourth in 22:55.
Hannah Winters (5th, 23:04), Lexi Brumbaugh (6th, 23:10) and Hannah Drake (9th, 25:05) also participated.
Wilmington’s Calvin Gealy placed second in the boys race in 18:23. The Greyhounds topped the Trojans, 25-32.
Brett Whitty took third for Wilmington in 18:43 and Jared Masters was fifth in 19:07. Stefan Pontius (7th, 19:57), Derek Craig (8th, 20:24) and Ryan Davis (9th, 20:48) also competed.
Wilmington’s Nathan Twigg won the junior high race in a course record 9:21.