NEW CASTLE —
Lady Greyhounds prevail
Wilmington received great performances from three runners in upending West Middlesex, 78-72.
The Lady Greyhounds’ Tessa Sikora took the 100, 200, 400 relay and high jump while Hannah Drake was best in the 1600 relay, 3200 relay, long jump and triple jump. Allison Baldwin couldn’t be matched in the 400, 800, 1600 relay and 3200 relay.
Jamie Thompson also scored well for Wilmington with a win in the 400 relay, 1600 relay and pole vault.
New Castle triumphs
The Lady ’Canes knocked off Ambridge, 81-64.
New Castle’s Kelsey Scott distanced herself from the pack in the 100 and long jump, while Caitlyn Adamo captured the 800 and 1600 relay. Christina Hendricks was first in the 300 hurdles and 1600 relay, and Jamay Walker earned victory in the shot put and discus for the Lady ’Canes.
Lancers roll to win
Neshannock won all five matches in convincing fashion for a Section 2-AA road win over Beaver Falls.
The win clinches a WPIAL playoff berth for the Lancers (7-4, 9-4).
Following are the results:
Neshannock 5, Beaver Falls 0
1. Max Watters (N) def. Clay Barnes 6-4, 6-2.
2. Joe Bullano (N) def. Jared Boggs 6-1, 6-3.
3. Nick Hautala (N) def. Karlin Jones 6-1, 6-0.
1. Mike Maciarello/Connor Richards (N) def. Mileak Buffalo/Dallas Revels 6-3, 6-3.
2. Nick Montini/Mitch Cialella (N) def. Gino Osco/Ashton Dargartz 6-1, 6-2.
1. Logan Nawrocki (N) won 6-2.