New Castle News

September 23, 2013

Garage fire destroys car

By Staff
New Castle News

NEW CASTLE — Fire that destroyed a garage in the Croton area Sunday morning also demolished a 1994 Mustang.

The New Castle Fire Department reported the cause of the blaze as accidental, having started in a trash bin.

The fire broke out around 10:45 a.m. at 325 Harding St., owned by Jonathan Yagle, who lives in a house on the property. The fire was contained in the garage and burned the interior, car and some of the other contents.

The damage estimate provided by the fire department is $8,500.