New Castle News

Police Reports

September 23, 2013

Garage fire destroys car

NEW CASTLE — Fire that destroyed a garage in the Croton area Sunday morning also demolished a 1994 Mustang.

The New Castle Fire Department reported the cause of the blaze as accidental, having started in a trash bin.

The fire broke out around 10:45 a.m. at 325 Harding St., owned by Jonathan Yagle, who lives in a house on the property. The fire was contained in the garage and burned the interior, car and some of the other contents.

The damage estimate provided by the fire department is $8,500.

1
Text Only | Photo Reprints
Police Reports
House Ads
Poll

The Steelers opened training camp this weekend. How do you see them faring this season?

Super Bowl
Division champs
Wild card team
Missing playoffs for a third straight year
     View Results