New Castle News

September 6, 2013

Man sought after home burglary

Sam Luptak Jr.
New Castle News

NEW CASTLE — A New Castle man is wanted for allegedly breaking into a house on the city’s lower East Side.

Police said Brian Kent, 22, of 434 Grant St., had done work at a Court Street home that he allegedly broke into around 2 p.m. Aug. 25.

The residents said they returned home that day to find their home had been burglarized, and a shotgun, a purse, several glass jars filled with change, a credit card, $30 and a bank card had been stolen.

The residents also said money had been removed from their bank account.

Police learned that Kent’s Facebook page reportedly has a post in which he was trying to sell a shotgun. They also learned that five transactions had been made on the residents’ bank account totaling more than $700.

A video from a convenience store where the ATM card was used shows Kent standing at the counter using the card at the machine, then leaving in a white car.

Kent is charged with burglary, theft and receiving stolen property. A warrant has been issued for his arrest.