New Castle News

Police Reports

September 6, 2013

Man sought after home burglary

NEW CASTLE — A New Castle man is wanted for allegedly breaking into a house on the city’s lower East Side.

Police said Brian Kent, 22, of 434 Grant St., had done work at a Court Street home that he allegedly broke into around 2 p.m. Aug. 25.

The residents said they returned home that day to find their home had been burglarized, and a shotgun, a purse, several glass jars filled with change, a credit card, $30 and a bank card had been stolen.

The residents also said money had been removed from their bank account.

Police learned that Kent’s Facebook page reportedly has a post in which he was trying to sell a shotgun. They also learned that five transactions had been made on the residents’ bank account totaling more than $700.

A video from a convenience store where the ATM card was used shows Kent standing at the counter using the card at the machine, then leaving in a white car.

Kent is charged with burglary, theft and receiving stolen property. A warrant has been issued for his arrest.

1
Text Only | Photo Reprints
Police Reports
House Ads
Poll

On Wednesday, the House of Representatives voted to authorize Speaker John Boehner to sue President Obama for allegedly overstepping his legal authority with the way he's handled Obamacare. Good call?

Yes. Obama's been overstepping his authority since day one in office. It's time he pay the piper.
No. The allegations are ridiculous and the law suit is a waste of time and tax payer money.
I don't know. I'm not a huge fan of Obama, but the suit seems a little extreme.
     View Results