New Castle News

Police Reports

March 7, 2014

Chimney fire damages home

NEW CASTLE — A chimney fire caused damage to a North Beaver Township home this week.

The North Beaver Township Volunteer Fire Department was called to the home of Joe Procopio at 325 Reed Road, about 5:20 p.m. Wednesday. They remained for about an hour.

Chief Paul Henry said the house sustained smoke damage from the fire but no structural damage. He added that between 12 and 15 firefighters turned out for the call. No injuries were reported.

1
Text Only | Photo Reprints
Police Reports
House Ads
Poll

Have you held or will you hold a garage/yard sale this year?

I have and it was a success! It's a great way to get rid of some junk and make a little extra pocket money.
I have, but it didn't go over so well. Better luck next time?
I haven't yet, but I plan to.
I haven't and I don't plan to. It's not for me.
     View Results