New Castle News

Police Reports

October 4, 2013

Kitchen fire breaks out on Euclid Avenue

NEW CASTLE — No one was home Thursday when a kitchen fire broke out at 6 E. Euclid Ave.

Neshannock Township firefighters were called around 12:15 p.m., and found smoke billowing from the front and sides of the house.

According to fireman David Congini, the blaze was limited to the kitchen.

The house is owned by Amy Moore, who lives there with another person, Congini said. She also owns cats, but they were outside when the fire started.

Congini said it appears the blaze started from something on the stove.

“We had it under control at 12:35,” he said. “It appears a water line broke and we used ... a device that expels a chemical to knock the fire down. Both of those factors kept the fire in check. That was good for the homeowner and for us.”

Congini said the kitchen was the only room that had fire damage, but the rest of the house had smoke and water damage. Firefighters broke the windows to vent the house.

No damage estimate was available Thursday.

The volunteer fire departments from New Wilmington and South New Castle boroughs and Mahoning Township assisted.

Text Only | Photo Reprints
Police Reports
House Ads

The film "Into the Storm," about a devastating tornado, opens nationally Aug. 1. What's your favorite storm movie?

The Day After Tomorrow
The Perfect Storm
     View Results