New Castle News

October 30, 2012

Volunteers respond to chimney fire

By Staff
New Castle News

NEW CASTLE — Multiple fire departments responded to a blaze at an Amish home in Wilmington Township Monday.

However, the fire was confined to the chimney at the home at 220 Pine Lane.

Volunteers from New Wilmington, Pulaski, Neshannock and Volant responded about 5:45 p.m. to the home of Uri and Margaret Byler.

The fire was quickly controlled and volunteers used heat-sensing equipment to check for hot spots in the house.