New Castle News

Police Reports

May 21, 2013

Business ‘total loss’ after fire

NEW CASTLE — A Little Beaver Township business was destroyed when a fire started in a garage.

Enon Valley Volunteer Fire Chief Ben Hostetler said the blaze broke out about 12:20 a.m. Sunday in the garage of John Curea at 1791 State Route 551.

“It was a total loss,” Hostetler said. He estimated damage at $50,000.

He said the owner had a vehicle and several “important tools” used for his business in the garage at the time of the fire. The chief noted the business owner repaired cars and rebuilt shocks.

Hostetler said the state fire marshal has been notified, but added the owner had told him he had been working on a vehicle that had a gasoline leak. He said the owner told him he believes a spark, generated when he pulled an electrical cord, ignited the gasoline and started the fire.

Enon Valley was assisted by volunteer departments from North Beaver and New Beaver in Lawrence County and Darlington and Big Beaver in Beaver County. Firefighters remained at the scene until 3:15 a.m. No injuries were reported.

Text Only | Photo Reprints
Police Reports
House Ads

On Wednesday, the House of Representatives voted to authorize Speaker John Boehner to sue President Obama for allegedly overstepping his legal authority with the way he's handled Obamacare. Good call?

Yes. Obama's been overstepping his authority since day one in office. It's time he pay the piper.
No. The allegations are ridiculous and the law suit is a waste of time and tax payer money.
I don't know. I'm not a huge fan of Obama, but the suit seems a little extreme.
     View Results