New Castle News

November 14, 2012

Fire, smoke damage Lincoln Avenue home

By Staff
New Castle News

NEW CASTLE — Fire damaged a kitchen in a multi-unit building on New Castle’s North Hill.

The fire broke out around 8:50 p.m. Monday at 219 E. Lincoln Ave., in an oven, according to the New Castle Fire Department.

Nobody was injured, but the house filled with smoke, according to a fire report.

The Red Cross was contacted to assist the resident who was displaced by the smoke.

Damage was estimated at $10,000.

The property is owned by William Zeiger, according to the county assessment office.