New Castle News

Police Reports

November 14, 2012

Fire, smoke damage Lincoln Avenue home

NEW CASTLE — Fire damaged a kitchen in a multi-unit building on New Castle’s North Hill.

The fire broke out around 8:50 p.m. Monday at 219 E. Lincoln Ave., in an oven, according to the New Castle Fire Department.

Nobody was injured, but the house filled with smoke, according to a fire report.

The Red Cross was contacted to assist the resident who was displaced by the smoke.

Damage was estimated at $10,000.

The property is owned by William Zeiger, according to the county assessment office.

1
Text Only | Photo Reprints
Police Reports
House Ads
Poll

Do you talk to yourself when you're alone?

Yes, but I’m basically just thinking out loud.
No, that would be weird.
I don’t know. Next time I’m alone, I’ll ask.
     View Results