New Castle News
NEW CASTLE —
An improperly installed wood burner chimney is thought to be the cause of a house fire in Pulaski Township.
Pulaski Township Volunteer Fire Department Chief Guy Morse said crews got the call just before 7:45 p.m. Thursday to the home of Pat Richards at 4405 State Route 422. He said the fire went up the wall and was in the wall by the time crews arrived, but damage to the structure was minimal. He estimated damages at $2,000.
The Pulaski Township department was assisted by fire departments from Poland and Coitsville townships in Mahoning County, Ohio, Shenango Township in Mercer County and Mahoning Township and New Wilmington in Lawrence County.
Firefighters remained on the scene for about 90 minutes.
He said no injuries were reported and the homeowner and her son were not displaced from the structure.