New Castle News

October 11, 2013

Couch fire reported in Edinburg

By Staff
New Castle News

NEW CASTLE — Mahoning Township firefighters responded to a couch fire Wednesday morning in Edinburg.

Chief Francis “Poncho” Exposito said an electrical outlet had shorted out, causing a couch to catch fire at 140 N. West St. around 10:30 a.m.

Jo Bucker, the owner of the house, had just returned home and extinguished the fire with water, Exposito said. Carpeting also was damaged.

Exposito said when firefighters arrived, the couch was smoldering, so they took it outside. He said the fire caused minimal damage.