New Castle News
NEW CASTLE —
A firecracker sparked a blaze in Mahoningtown this week.
Firefighters said the son of the property owner set off a firecracker about 11 p.m. Thursday under the back porch steps at 403 N. Cedar St.
They said the firecracker ignited dried leaves under the steps. Crews remained at the scene for about 30 minutes.
Firefighters reported damage — to the steps only — was limited “to a few hundred dollars.” No damage was reported to the house.
The building is owned by Joseph T. Monaco Jr. and others, according to county records.