New Castle News

Police Reports

September 19, 2012

Electrical fire reported at bar

NEW CASTLE — An apparent electrical short prompted a fire call at a Croton area bar Tuesday night.

New Castle firefighters were summoned just before midnight to the Ocean’s 11 bar at 1139 Eastbrook St.

When firefighters arrived, they discovered a fire in the ceiling of a restroom, where wiring in an electrical box was shorting out.

The fire was contained to the box area, and firefighters used a fan to clear smoke from the business, which was open at the time.

1
Text Only | Photo Reprints
Police Reports
House Ads
Poll

"State Fair" opens at the New Castle Playhouse tonight. Will you be checking out the show?

Definitely! I've already got my tickets.
Maybe. I'm not sure.
Nah, it's not for me.
     View Results