New Castle News

Police Reports

February 2, 2013

Fire damages Mount Jackson Road home

NEW CASTLE — No one was injured when a fire broke out in a house on Mount Jackson Road yesterday.

The fire started shortly before 5 p.m. at the home of Mike and Tammy Upham, 1020 Mount Jackson Road, just down from the Tic Toc Market.

Tammy and her 11-year-old daughter were home at the time. Tammy said her daughter was upstairs and Tammy went to the basement, when the smoke alarm sounded and the “dogs were going hysterical.”

Tammy said she ran upstairs to find the curtains in the living room on fire. She yelled for her daughter to get out of the house and then let the dogs out.

Tammy said she has no idea how the fire started.

The Uphams have three chilren and two dogs.

Firefighters from Enon Valley, Wampum, North Beaver, Bessemer, Mahoning, New Beaver Borough and Springfield Township responded to the blaze. They all cleared the scene by 6:50 p.m.

The state fire marshal has been called in to investigate.

1
Text Only | Photo Reprints
Police Reports
House Ads
Poll

Before this weekend's release of the new Marvel film, which previous 'guardians of the galaxy' were your favorite?

The Federation/Star Fleet
The Green Lantern Corps
Jedi Knights
Earth Alliance (Babylon 5)
Space Ghost, Jan, Jace and Blip
     View Results