New Castle News

January 13, 2014

Customers evacuated from Walmart

By Staff
New Castle News

NEW CASTLE — Customers were evacuated from Walmart in Union Township for about a half-hour Saturday because of a freezer fire.

Union Township Fire Department’s First Assistant Fire Chief Andrew Hamilton said an electrical fire in a freezer was contained to a small junction box and there was no danger to those inside the store.

The call came in about 5 p.m. and firefighters were on the scene for about 40 minutes.

The North Beaver Township Volunteer Fire Department assisted.