New Castle News

Police Reports

April 12, 2013

Firefighters respond to blaze in oven

NEW CASTLE — A South Side family’s dinner was delayed Thursday night by a fire in their oven.

The New Castle Fire Department was called to the home of Billie Jean Davis at 304 E. Home St. at 5:12 p.m. The department remained on the scene until 5:30 p.m.

Firemen said wires sparked in the top oven of the family’s electric oven. Damages were estimated at $4,000, mostly to the range.

The house sustained limited smoke damage, officials said.

1
Text Only | Photo Reprints
Police Reports
House Ads
Poll

Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal signed “unprecedented” legislation yesterday to expand gun rights in his state. Good idea?

Yes. Expanding the scope of where people can carry guns can help halt violent crimes and make those places safer.
No. Carrying guns into bars and schools is NEVER a good idea. I think it will lead to more violence.
Not sure, but I don’t plan to visit Georgia any time soon.
     View Results