New Castle News

Police Reports

February 6, 2013

Fire marshal rules blaze as accidental

NEW CASTLE — A house fire in North Beaver Township has been ruled accidental.

A state police fire marshal investigated the blaze at the home of Mike and Tammy Upham, 1020 Mount Jackson Road. The fire occurred Friday evening.

No one was injured, but Tammy Upham and her 11-year-old daughter were home at the time.

The fire marshal’s report did not indicate the specific cause of the fire, but found nothing suspicious. Damage was set in excess of $50,000.

1
Text Only | Photo Reprints
Police Reports
House Ads
Poll

Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal signed “unprecedented” legislation yesterday to expand gun rights in his state. Good idea?

Yes. Expanding the scope of where people can carry guns can help halt violent crimes and make those places safer.
No. Carrying guns into bars and schools is NEVER a good idea. I think it will lead to more violence.
Not sure, but I don’t plan to visit Georgia any time soon.
     View Results